CAREER OPPORTUNITIES 2022/23
Mansfield Steiner School is a vibrant, expanding school situated in beautiful North East Victoria. Our school offers classes from Pre-school to Year 12, following the Australian Steiner Curriculum Framework to Year 10 and the International Baccalaureate Diploma in Years 11 and 12.
Mansfield Steiner school is seeking recruits for the following positions:
Violin/ Viola Position 0.2
Capacity to teach additional instruments an advantage
Mansfield Steiner School is seeking to appoint a dynamic, suitably qualified musician to the position of Violin teacher. This is a 0.2 FTE fixed-term position for the 2023 school year with the possibility of becoming ongoing and increasing hours.
The successful applicant will:
- have the ability to teach violin and viola.
- have a strong working knowledge of classical violin repertoire as well as a variety of other styles including folk and improvisation.
- be comfortable teaching Class 3 to Class 12 students.
- have the ability to facilitate and direct string ensembles if required.
- participate in school music events as required from time to time.
- have a demonstrated commitment to Steiner education or a willingness to learn.
- have excellent communication skills.
- have the ability to work successfully within a team.
- have a current WWCC and Police Check (VIT Registration would be an advantage)
General duties & requirements:
- Be at school for the committed hours of employment and be punctual for lessons duties and meetings.
- Attend Staff and faculty meetings, as well as other relevant meetings as determined by the School Leadership Team.
- Be rostered on for yard duty, supervising children before, during and after school as required.
- Actively work as part of a team, both with Faculty and the School as a whole.
- Attend and participate in whole School festivals open days and fairs.
- Attend and participate in curriculum/staff development days and in-service or training courses.
- Be available to attend relevant meetings, workshops and conferences outside school hours.
- Follow up and be familiar with all school policies.
- Maintain professional standards at all times, particularly with regard to communication, confidentiality, collegiality and School Ethos.
- Have appropriate experience and/or qualifications.
Please send a cover letter outlining your suitability, enthusiasm for this position, and C.V to:
Glenn Hood Principal [email protected]
Applications close on 12 December 2022 (This position may be filled prior to this date for a suitable applicant).
Casual Relief Teachers Including Early Childhood
Mansfield Steiner School is a Kindergarten to Year 12 IB World School and is seeking expressions of interest in suitably qualified teachers, EC, primary and secondary with an interest in Steiner Education to work on a casual basis.
Must have current VIT registration and meet current health order requirements and be able to provide evidence regarding vaccination status prior to employment.
Please send a CV and a brief cover letter stating availability and interest in Steiner Education to Glenn Hood, Principal [email protected] or phone Mansfield Steiner School (03) 57791445 for further information.